Machine Learning Engineer (Information Retrieval)
We are looking for a machine learning engineer / research engineer with experience in Information Retrieval and Machine Learning join our Search R&D team and help provide our customers with the best possible experience of our Search! and Match! products, focused on matching people with jobs.
Do you have an up-to-date knowledge of and experience with machine learning techniques and applying them to information retrieval problems – such as learning to rank, automatic query generation, search result personalization, or collaborative filtering – and are you eager to apply your ideas in a real-world setting?
Are you driven by ideas on how to improve and evaluate search engines (relevance engineering) and have a self-motivated, ambitious and creative personality?
If your answers have been “Yes” – we are looking forward to your application! Don’t hesitate to read on for the exact job details, qualifications and benefits.
Products you’ll be working on
You’ll be working on the Search R&D team, focused on improving our Search & Match products. Underlying both is a semantic search system that supports searching over internally indexed as well as external text data sources in multiple languages using a complex internal data model and custom query language. These queries can be automatically generated from documents.The stack is developed using Java, Perl and Python where you’ll mostly be working in Python and Java. The products are backed by technologies such as Elasticsearch, Spring, Flask and Cassandra.
Your focus will be on improving or creating typical IR aspects of the software such as learning to rank, synonyms and keyword expansion, result explanation and autosuggestion; as well as brainstorming and identifying new areas of improvements by leveraging our internal datasets. You’ll design, iterate and deploy models for search ranking, query understanding, click-through rate prediction, etc. This involves presenting and discussing ideas, designing and setting up automated experiments and evaluating the results, as well as implementing the final functionality of production-ready quality.
Who you are
- A Master degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science or Information Sciences (the latter with a strong technical focus). If not, you’re able to demonstrate extensive (course)work experience related to Data Mining, Information Retrieval or Machine Learning.
- Strong programming fundamentals in Object Oriented programming, data structures and design patterns, preferably in Java. Experienced with scripting languages such as Python or Perl.
- Familiarity with Information Retrieval and interested in relevance engineering an relevance management. Concepts like an inverted index, BM25, query expansion, position bias and Learning to Rank hold no secrets for you. You’re comfortable working with search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch / Solr / Terrier).
- Knowledge of and experience with classical machine learning algorithms for regression and classification, as well as ensemble learning, and dimensionality reduction techniques.
- Knowledge of and experience with deep learning / neural networks.
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 25 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferencesInfluence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on Artificial Intelligence, NLP and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market, supported by solid infrastructure. If you are, like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!