Senior Perl Developer
Join our team of machine learning and natural language processing professionals working on a modern and well tested Perl codebase! You will contribute to our machine learning framework and improve the models that power two of our main products: Extract! (CV parsing) and Jobfeed (job ad parsing).
Products you’ll be working on
Through our Extract! product we process millions of CVs and jobs every month – both as a SaaS solution and as an on-premise installation. It covers 17 languages and is engineered to deal with the diversity of candidate profiles and job ads. Jobfeed, our big data labor market tool, enables our clients from the HR and recruitment world to generate leads and develop their business.
You will drive the effort of improving our machine learning framework. On a daily basis you will work closely with our R&D engineers to develop new features, integrate new machine learning packages and improve our evaluation and testing tools. You will also collaborate with our DevOps team to improve the deployment and scalability of our parsing services. Being an Agile advocate you’ll take an active part in our code reviews, collaborate on design and implementation and work towards continuous integration and deployment. This is also a great opportunity to learn about complex machine learning and natural language processing systems.
Who you are
- You have extensive knowledge of modern Perl, its module ecosystem and OOP
- You can develop and maintain production level applications on both Linux and Windows
- You have developed modern API endpoints
- You have an interest in web development (e.g. Mojolicious, AngularJS ) and NoSQL database (e.g. MongoDB)
- Good knowledge of algorithms and datastructures
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 24 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week-long hackathon, meetups, trainings, reading groups, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!