Senior NLP Research Engineer
We are currently looking for a senior NLP research engineer to join our information extraction team. You will contribute to our NLP engine and improve the models that power two of our main products: Extract! (CV parsing) and Jobfeed (job ad parsing).
Our research engineers are involved in the entire process from data annotation, applying (semi) supervised machine learning techniques, adding domain specific rules and additional knowledge sources, fine tuning the accuracy and performance, and testing and maintaining quality of a complex NLP system. Our services alone process millions and millions of CVs and jobs each year.
At Textkernel you are expected to have a large impact on the products, and to make a defining contribution to the quality of our document parsing solutions. The role is diverse and challenging, as it involves both solving difficult language engineering tasks and collaborating with other teams in customer projects.
- Excellent programming skills in both scripting and object oriented languages (e.g. Perl, Python, Java, C++)
- Deep understanding and practical experience with machine learning algorithms for classification (e.g. k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM) and sequence labeling (e.g. HMM, CRF)
- Extensive research or industry work on statistical approaches to NLP problems with a focus on information extraction/retrieval
- PhD in a NLP field or at least 5 years of industry experience
- Strong publication record or a significant track record of having a strong impact on commercial NLP products
- Familiarity with other NLP/ML toolkits and frameworks (UIMA, NLTK, Stanford NLP, Apache Mahout, Weka, etc)
- Interest in linguistic variation and new technologies (e.g. Deep Learning)
- Hands-on mindset, ready to design and implement new ideas
- Self-motivated, ambitious and creative personality
- Working language is English. Familiarity with other European or Asian languages is a plus
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 24 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!