Research Engineer – Ontology Mining
Our Ontology Mining team is currently looking for a Research Engineer with expertise and experience in text mining and semantic information extraction to contribute to the development and evolution of Textkernel’s Ontology.
Products you’ll be working on
Textkernel’s ontology is a large multilingual knowledge graph describing and interlinking entities about professions, skills and other entities related to the HR and Recruiting domain. It is a vital component of all our products (CV parsing, semantic search and match, big data labour market analytics), ensuring our solutions provide the best quality on the market. More info about our ontology can be found in our blog.
You will be part of a multidisciplinary team of linguists, data quality analysts and data engineers, working on the construction, maintenance and delivery of the ontology. Your job will focus on designing methods for automatic ontology learning (including Named Entity Recognition and Relation Extraction), and implementing the necessary software to put these methods in use. You will work in an Agile environment with 2-week sprints, and you will frequently interact with members of other teams for knowledge exchange and transfer.
Who you are
- Research or industry experience in text mining and information extraction.
- Very good knowledge and practical experience of Natural Language Processing & Machine Learning techniques and relevant toolkits and frameworks (e.g. NLTK, UIMA, Scikit-learn, Weka).
- Good programming skills in both scripting and object oriented languages (e.g., Python, Java, Scala).
- Comfort with databases (relational, NoSQL, graph).
- Research mentality (i.e., continuous update on the state-of-the art and eagerness to go beyond it) combined with hands-on mindset (i.e., being ready to implement and test new ideas).
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 24 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!