Java Software Engineers (back-end, semantic search)
At Textkernel, we are engineering intelligent software solutions towards modern enterprise software standards, mostly in a web application setting. We are looking for skilled developers to join our product development team. Do you have all-round development skills and good knowledge of modern Java and Web application technologies? Check out how you would fit into our team.
We are looking for talented, smart, and passionate software engineers for the web-application and web-service development team. At Textkernel you are expected to have a large responsibility for your work and a direct impact on the products. The role is diverse and challenging, as it involves both solving difficult software engineering tasks and ensuring the products satisfy the customer’s needs.
You will contribute major new functionality to Sourcebox, Textkernel’s flagship CV parsing, semantic search and document workflow system in a small highly skilled team using scrum and other agile methods. We use both open source as well as internally developed proprietary technologies.
We expect excellent programming skills in Java, familiarity with developing under Linux, the drive to continuously improve the products and a self-motivated, ambitious and creative personality.
Masters degree in computer science, or equivalent knowledge of programming, operating systems and networks. Interest in natural language processing, machine learning, information extraction, web mining, and pattern recognition is a plus.
- Linux, Windows
- Full software life-cycle
- Good software design and engineering practices
- Experience with recruitment, HRMS, or applicant tracking systems is a plus
- Delivering on time and within budget
- The talent to design and write elegant software
- The tendency to diagnose and solve problems efficiently
- Good team working and communication skills in English is a must have
- The desire to work in an accurate way
- A knack for taking responsibility for your own and your team’s results
- Strong multitasking skills,even under pressure
What we offer:
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 24 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!