Front-end Software Engineer
Are you fed up with completely irrelevant messages recruiters send your way? We at Textkernel are working on a better Recruitment future, relying on Machine Intelligence to help identify true matches between people and jobs. Our clients, may they be massive international corporations or a person looking for their next career step perform millions of queries per day.
On the quest for solidifying our market leading position, we are looking for skilled developers to join our Search! team: people who are able to provide creative answers to open ended questions, who like to take ownership of their tasks and seek a challenging environment. Influencing the future of products in a very direct, open and informal working sphere sounds like your next step? We are looking forward to receiving your application!
You are going to design, develop and implement new features besides optimising existing ones, with keeping customer wishes in mind. You write elegant, simple, and working code for isolated components that is easy to handle by anyone. Remember, they might know where you live!
Other tasks you’ll be in charge of: writing unit and integration tests, refactoring existing solutions to accommodate changing demands. You’ll cherish working in a small scrum team, operating in a 2-week sprint cycle.
You make a habit of using the right tool for the job, combining both open source solutions as well as proprietary and internally developed solutions in the following technology stack:
- React + Flux / jQuery / jQueryUI / Selenium
- Tomcat / Java Servlet Technology
- ElasticSearch / Apache Cassandra
- A Msc/Bsc graduate in Computer Science, AI or any related field
- Interested in working with React and are familiar with framework package management (Node, NPM, Gulp, Webpack)
- Expert at CSS including preprocessors, HTML, XML, JSON
- A comfortable user of Git, Gitlab and JIRA
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 25 nationalities
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon
- Strong focus on personal development: meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Ability to influence our market-leading products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a pragmatic, informal and diverse working environment with colleagues from all over the world. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!