Full Stack Engineer (React / Java)
Please note: for this position we welcome everyone who is located in the Porto area of Portugal to apply.
At Textkernel, we're all about crafting recruitment solutions that leverage machine intelligence to connect the perfect candidates with the right jobs. Within our Search team, we focus on creating great products that empower HR teams to effortlessly discover ideal job candidates and openings, both in their own database and beyond.
We are looking for a dedicated full stack engineer who possesses a passion for the development and enhancement of applications within the Search ecosystem. If you have a knack for solving complex problems and a solid foundation in engineering, this role is tailored for you. This position will be slightly more front-end focused but it's important you are willing to work on our back-end as well.
What you will be doing
In this position, your responsibilities include ensuring the stability of the applications and services, participating in the transition from monolithic to microservices architecture, designing, developing, and implementing new features while optimising existing ones with a focus on meeting customer needs. You are expected to produce code that is both elegant and easily understandable by all.
Your duties will also encompass writing unit and integration tests, refactoring existing solutions to adapt to changing requirements, and collaborating within a scrum team operating on a two-week sprint cycle.
What we expect from you:
- Bachelor's/Master's in Computer Science or equivalent
- Between 1 to 3 years of full-stack development experience in an Agile environment
- Versatile, strong problem-solving focus and commitment to value delivery
- Proficiency in React and TypeScript
- Proficiency in Java, Spring Boot and SQL
- Ability to produce elegant, efficient, and robust code
- Good communication skills in English
- Versatile, analytical, ownership-driven
- You are located in Portugal, preferably in the Porto area (please share an English resume with us)
- Able to work remotely for most of the time but excited about the opportunity to visit our Porto based co-working space about 1-2 times each sprint
Experience with some of the following would make us even happier:
- RabbitMQ, ElasticSearch or Cassandra
- Kubernetes and AWS
- GitLab CI, Gradle, Cypress or Jest
Textkernel is widely regarded as the international leader in providing Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Semantic Technology that empowers organizations to optimally understand, connect and analyze all their data around people and jobs. We enable thousands of recruitment & staffing agencies, employers, job boards, HR software vendors and outplacement & redeployment agencies worldwide to work smarter and more effectively by creating efficiencies in the HR and recruitment process. We provide our customers with SaaS software, technology, data and professional services.
Textkernel is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in Frankfurt, Paris and teams in the US and the UK. As a group we are currently around 200 strong with over 36 different nationalities in our team.
For this position it starts with an intake call with our Talent Partner. We will follow up with a role alignment interview with the hiring manager. Afterwards we'll have a technical round and finish up with a conversation between you and head of Engineering. In general our recruitment process takes about 3 weeks.
Because we like to speak to qualified candidates right from the start we don't work with end dates for our positions. We will close the vacancy as soon as we find the right fit.