Are you looking for a challenging job in a complex environment that suits your skills and ambitions? If yes, We are seeking an experienced Database (DB) Engineer to join our team. As a Database Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining our PostgreSQL, MySQL & Elasticsearch database systems in an environment that highly favors open source technologies. You will be working closely with the development and operations teams to ensure the stability, scalability, and performance of our database systems.
Our SaaS solutions for semantic search and document understanding are being used internationally by thousands of customers, and their 24×7 availability and integrity are crucial to our business and reputation. We need your experience and enthusiasm to help us operate, standardize and optimize the lower levels of our infrastructure.
For this position we offer relocation assistance.
- Design, implement and maintain database infrastructure such as PostgreSQL, MySQL and MongoDB
- Collaborate with development and operations teams to ensure optimal performance of DB clusters
- Monitor DB clusters for performance and health, and take proactive measures to prevent and resolve issues
- Develop and maintain disaster recovery and backup strategies for DB clusters and databases
- Develop and maintain documentation for our DB infrastructure, including architecture diagrams, operating procedures, and troubleshooting guides
- Configure and maintain DB security features, such as authentication, authorization, and encryption
- Develop and maintain DB backup and recovery strategies
- Develop and maintain DB performance tuning strategies
- Stay up-to-date with the latest DB technologies and provide recommendations for improvements to the infrastructure
- Work closely with professional services and engineering teams to deliver our products to a large number of corporate customers worldwide.
Who you are
- 3+ years of experience in PostgreSQL & MySQL DB engineering and administration, including installation, configuration, and performance tuning
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science (or related field) and/or at least 3 years experience as a Database engineer/administrator
- Fluent in English – and one or more programming/scripting languages such as Bash.
- Some experience with Elasticsearch is advantageous.
- Experience with database security features, backup and recovery, and performance tuning
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure and services such as AWS RDS & Aurora
- Experience with orchestration tools like Ansible and Terraform.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile environment
What we offer
- A fair salary.
- 25 days of holiday leave.
- Holiday allowance and participation in a solid pension plan.
- Working in a company with a team that consists of more than 36 nationalities.
- Hybrid working, excellent tools (laptop, software), travel allowance and compensation for your internet costs at home.
- A home office allowance to create a suitable workplace at home.
- A place at our comfortable and brand new office in Amsterdam Noord, with free quality lunches, snacks and drinks: whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all! And as a cherry on top: our company boat is only a stone's throw away with direct access to the IJ and the Amsterdam canals!
- Participating in our yearly week-long company wide hackathon (Innovation Week) but also joining meet-ups, training courses, scientific conferences and team/company trips.
Textkernel is widely regarded as the international leader in providing Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Semantic Technology that empowers organizations to optimally understand, connect and analyze all their data around people and jobs. We enable thousands of recruitment & staffing agencies, employers, job boards, HR software vendors and outplacement & redeployment agencies worldwide to work smarter and more effectively by creating efficiencies in the HR and recruitment process.
Textkernel is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in Frankfurt, Paris and teams in the US and the UK. As a group we are currently around 200 strong with over 35 different nationalities in our team. We are small enough to make you matter but big enough to have a very recognizable impact on the market, supported by solid infrastructure.