Data engineer (AI systems)
We are looking for a Data Engineer with experience in building and improving data tooling for text-based AI systems. You will be responsible for the effectiveness of the data processes involved in building the complex AI services that power our main products: Extract! (CV and job parsing), Jobfeed (job mining) and Match! (matching people and jobs).
Our technology stack: Python, FastAPI, Tensorflow, Prodigy, MongoDB, Perl, Docker, Kubernetes, Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Linux.
- Annotation management: Create and maintain specialized annotation workflow tools, streamlining data labeling and preparation.
- Data management: Create data storage and querying tools that enable easy and efficient access to processed data and machine learning models, making it seamless for other developers to integrate and utilize the resources in their applications.
- Training & evaluation of AI systems: Design and develop experiment tracking and model evaluation tools to improve efficiency in machine learning experimentation.
- Construct data organization and governance tools to ensure data quality, integrity, and compliance with best practices.
Who you are
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related field.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in data engineering or machine learning or a similar role.
- Proficiency in Python programming language.
- Familiarity with data version control, data pipeline management, collaborative data science tools, and machine learning experiment tracking, with a strong background in ensuring data integrity, reproducibility, and effective collaboration within machine learning projects.
- Familiarity with database systems such as MongoDB and Postgres
- Familiarity with data annotation workflows and tools such as Prodigy
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch for data indexing and search.
- Experience using Docker, Kubernetes and/or AWS
- Familiarity with Deep Learning frameworks such as TensorFlow or PyTorch
- Experience with Natural Language Processing
- Experience in working with data centric approaches and delivering scalable machine learning solutions.
What we offer
- Fair salary.
- Contribute to extending, deploying and scaling our AI stack that processes millions of documents daily
- Influence on our products and opportunity to drive projects
- Personal development through trainings, (academic) conference participation, meetups and our yearly week-long hackathon (Innovation Week)
- A diverse international environment: our company consists of more than 36 nationalities
- 25 days of holiday leave.
- Holiday allowance and participation in a solid pension plan.
- Hybrid working, excellent tools (laptop, software), travel allowance and compensation for your internet costs at home.
- A home office allowance to create a suitable workplace at home.
- A place at our comfortable and brand new office in Amsterdam Noord, with free quality lunches, snacks and drinks: whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
Textkernel is widely regarded as the international leader in providing Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning and Semantic Technology that empowers organizations to optimally understand, connect and analyze all their data around people and jobs. We enable thousands of recruitment & staffing agencies, employers, job boards, HR software vendors and outplacement & redeployment agencies worldwide to work smarter and more effectively by creating efficiencies in the HR and recruitment process.
Textkernel is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in Frankfurt, Paris and teams in the US and the UK. As a group we are currently around 200 strong with over 36 different nationalities in our team. We are small enough to make you matter but big enough to have a very recognizable impact on the market, supported by solid infrastructure.
For this position it starts with an intake call with our talent partner. After this we will have a technical alignment interview with our R&D Team Lead and one of the team members. Afterwards we will ask you to make an assignment and proceed to a review interview. The last step of our process is a short personality assessment and a final interview with the Head of R&D. In general our recruitment process takes about 3 weeks from the intake call onwards.
Because we like to speak to qualified candidates right from the start we don't work with end dates for our positions. We will close the vacancy as soon as we find the right fit.