Senior Linux/Infra System Engineer
Are you looking for a challenging job in a DevOps environment that suits your skills and ambitions? If yes, we are currently looking for a colleague with at least 5 years experience in administration of a Linux based infrastructure.
Our SaaS solutions for semantic search and document understanding are being used internationally by thousands of users, and their 24×7 availability and integrity are crucial to our business and reputation. We need your experience and enthusiasm to help us operate, standardize and optimize our infrastructure.
You will work in a team of highly skilled engineers, to:
- Understand a complex technical architecture with a high degree of customization.
- Operate and improve our automation tooling.
- Keep a close eye on platform health and take action as needed.
- Participate in on call rotation schedule.
- Watch over documentation and clean-up.
- Configure and improve our SaaS environment based on business and security needs.
- Work closely with professional services and engineering teams to bring our products to a large number of corporate customers worldwide.
Who you are
- Flexible and able to focus despite many distractions.
- BSc/MSc degree in Computer Science (or related field) and at least 5 years experience as Linux engineer or administrator.
- A diverse 1000-server infrastructure does not scare you – it inspires you.
- Fluent in English – and one or more programming/scripting languages such as Bash.
- Some knowledge of network and (distributed) storage technology (e.g. VLANs, RSTP, DNS, Ceph, LVM, NVMe, 10/25gbe).
- Hands-on experience with physical servers and datacenter setups. Able to create hardware configurations ready to order.
- Able to set up and modify provisioning method for both physical and virtual servers.
- Hands-on experience with high volume web-based infrastructures and virtualisation (haproxy, VRRP, proxmox, kvm, pfsense).
- Hands-on experience and/or certification on CentOS/RedHat. Debian 9 is nice to have.
- Capable of designing for 99.9+% uptime.
- Experience in configuration management (mainly Ansible).
- Experience with monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios / Zabbix / Prometheus).
- Besides the above strongly desired knowledge and skills, it would be nice if you also have knowledge and/or experience with: Kubernetes, Python and/or grafana.
What we offer
- A fast-growing, motivated, international team from over 32 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday with chilled drinks
- Chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation
- Yearly week-long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting-edge technologies based on Artificial Intelligence, NLP and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter but big enough to have a very recognizable impact on the market, supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are, like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!