Application Support Engineer
Textkernel’s business is simple: make more and better matches between people and jobs. How? Utilizing state of the art machine intelligence techniques coupled with a talented and ambitious team. We have long outgrown our start-up phase but we did not let go of the spirit. Our dynamically growing company is currently servicing thousands of clients worldwide, processing hundreds of millions of CVs and queries per year, yet we all have influence on the products and enjoy taking ownership of our work.
At present, we’re looking for an Application Support Engineer to join our growing technical support team with the eagerness to deliver our customer with best-in-class customer support. You are a customer-focussed professional, who loves solving complex problems in software applications and enjoys working with all types of customers from around the world (both big and small). You also like to have variety in your work and don’t mind picking up the phone. Is this you? Then you might be who we’re looking for, so keep reading!
Your job at Textkernel
As an Application Support Engineer you will be the first point of contact for customers that use Textkernel products. You will be required to identify the root cause of customer issues, often in collaboration with development teams, triage their problems, verify and test bugs, bug fixes and provide solutions by changing the configuration of a given setup. You will also contribute to delivering, installing and maintaining high quality software in a smart, agile team.
You will be responsible for providing outstanding customer service through excellent written and verbal communication, regardless of their technical understanding.
About the Support team
The Support team is part of the Professional Services department and is formed by technical people from different backgrounds, who are motivated to offer the best experience possible to our customers. We often work together in getting to the bottom of an issue and finding the solution but we’re also very independent. We all enjoy the interaction with customers, development and commercial teams, problem solving, and looking for ways to make our processes better.
Solving customer problems is not only necessary for maintaining the customer relationship but it also helps create better and more robust products. It can sometimes be a tricky job, but we’re a determined, creative group of problem solvers who are willing to tackle any challenge thrown our way. Warning: this is not a “have you tried turning it off and on again?” kind of job!
- Become an expert in the APIs, technology and possibilities offered by Textkernel’s highly configurable software and implement them to meet customers’ needs.
- Diagnose problems to provide high level technical support to customers and partners.
- Meet the service levels as agreed with our customers and partners as well the internal organisation.
- Have a strong working relationship with the development and commercial teams in order to ensure proper delivery.
Who you are
- An applied or academic IT-related study, or equivalent relevant work experience and affinity with IT/software.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Excellent command of English besides near native Dutch or German skills
- Experience in technical support and in finding needles in log file haystacks!
- Good technical troubleshooting and problem resolutions skills.
- Good understanding of Linux Command Line and web services (SOAP, REST, HTTP), and basic understanding of Git.
- The desire to take responsibility and to help customers.
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 25 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!