Software Engineer – Big Data
Our Jobfeed team is looking for an engineer with demonstrable experience in developing large-scale, high-performance processing and storage systems. If designing architecture and implementing data processing pipelines from both a fault tolerance and scalability point of view is your ideal next role, we’d love to hear from you!
Products you’ll be working on
Jobfeed is our most established product – it’s our big data analytics tool, facilitating business development and research on labour market in Europe and US. It’s not just that it has a substantial user base, it is also where we collect and process the most data, millions of web pages per day.
Not to repeat ourselves, but you will be designing architecture and implementing complex data processing pipelines from both a fault tolerance and scalability point of view. As part of the development team you’ll be defining new features besides optimizing existing ones – influencing where our products are headed. You will also be responsible for exploring new tools and technologies, making sure we adopt the most useful ones and they reach production in the most efficient way possible.
Who you are
- BSc/MSc graduate in Computer Science or equivalent
- You have hands on experience with Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, AMQP
- You scaled SQL and NoSQL technologies successfully before
- You have solid software development experience, preferably on Linux
- You can code in Python and at least one of the following languages: Java, C/C++, C#, Scala, Go
- You are at home in large-scale, high-performance processing and storage environments
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 24 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!