Software Application Engineer
Are you an experienced Software/DevOps Engineer looking to utilize your excellent communication skills in a more business oriented environment? Would you like to take ownership of customer relationships, be responsible for delivering perfect integration projects on highly configurable, customisable SAAS applications? If working in an international, highly driven, open and genuinely fun working environment is what you are looking for besides silently nodding to all the questions above, then you are the one we are looking for!
What you’ll be working on
Textkernel provides an array of highly configurable software solutions to the HR/Recruitment Industry. Being part of the Professional Services team you will be responsible for smooth integrations, implementations to different environments for all of our products. We utilize Machine Intelligence, Big Data and open source technologies in our Semantic Search&Match, Jobfeed and CV parsing solutions.
As an Application Engineer you’ll be helping our customers integrate our solutions into a diverse range of applications. Seeing the big picture you’ll analyze external systems, finding out how our services are best connected, create technical designs and see through implementation. Talking to customers and coordinating a successful delivery is key in your role. You’ll also have to deal with technical troubleshooting, ranging from configuration errors to product issues on both sides. You’ll be joining a diverse, enthusiastic team where agility, problem solving, prioritizing and a high sense of ownership are essential attributes.
Who you are
- Ideally a Bsc/Msc graduate in Computer Sciences or any related field
- You are a Software Engineer at heart – and an Object Oriented of that (Java, Python, PHP, we are happy with any), but you are just as familiar with basic testing and networking
- You are comfortable working with the following web technologies: SOAP/REST, APIs, Apache/Tomcat, JSON, AJAX
- You have a good understanding of various databases: MySQL, PostgreSQL and having fiddled around with NoSQL technologies is a definite plus
- Experience with GIT
- You are a fan of open source technologies and have worked in a Linux environment before
- Needless to say, your English is impeccable and preferably you speak German, Spanish or French as well
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 25 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!