Textkernel is looking for an enthusiastic colleague to join our scrum team as a QA engineer.
As QA Engineer you will be responsible for the quality of the Textkernel flagship products Search! and Sourcebox. Working with the development team, you will be involved in the development cycle from design to delivery. Your motivation is to assure our customers get bug-free software releases. You will realize this by designing test cases and running automated test suites. You will assist the product owner in approving the final go for each release.
Knowledge of all aspects of software development and how to apply Quality Assurance techniques to achieve the highest possible software quality. The skill to analyze and review new product features and to design and automate test cases for them.
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, or equivalent knowledge of programming, operating systems and networks. Interest in natural language processing, machine learning, and information retrieval is a plus.
- Specifying test cases for new features
- Automating web user interface tests using Selenium
- Automating web service tests (e.g. soapUI).
- Profiling web applications for performance and responsiveness
- Linux (as a workstation and as a system under test)
- A self-motivating attitude, and able to pick your own tools and automate your workflow
- Analytical skills to comprehend and communicate software features in a concise manner
- Creative mind to explore all areas of our products to find bugs in unexpected places
- A proven track record for creating test suites and testing web applications
- Scripting on linux
- Experience with virtual machine management (e.g. Vagrant)
- Knowledge of automated system installation and software deployment (e.g. Puppet)
- Knowledge of continuous integration using Jenkins
- Automated code analysis and reporting (e.g. Sonar)
- Cross-platform testing
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 24 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!