Junior support engineer
You are a technical person, but not in the “close-the-curtains-no-daylight-please”-developer kind of way and you would enjoy supporting next generation web-based AI software applications in an international environment next to a historical marina in Amsterdam?
Then we invite you to join our Operations Team as a Junior Support Engineer! Depending on your skills and ambition you join us at different experience levels and quickly gain a lot of experience and responsibility.
Your job at Textkernel
We are looking for highly efficient practical students or recent graduates who want to work as technical support engineers. You enjoy solving problems and want to work in a fun and innovative environment. You will contribute in delivering, installing and maintaining high quality software in a highly skilled small team using SCRUM/KANBAN and other agile methods.
- Become an expert in the API, technology and possibilities offered by Textkernel’s products and implement them to meet customer’s need
- Diagnose problems to provide high level technical support to customers and partners
- Meet the service levels as agreed with our customers and partners as well the internal organization
- Have a strong working relationship with the Development and Sales Teams in order to ensure proper delivery
- Good communication skills and find it easy to organize your own work
- The desire to take responsibility and helping customers
- An Academic or Applied study in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Information Science or a related field, with some relevant work experience
- Basic knowledge about latest technologies in the Internet area
- Good technical troubleshooting and problem resolutions skills, with mixed operating systems (Linux is a big plus)
- Excellent command of English, fluency in either Dutch, French or German is preferred.
This would make us happy:
- Knowledge of databases (PostgreSQL, or MySQL)
- Experience with XML markup
- Knowledge of web technologies (HTML, CSS, AJAX, Java Script) including web servers (Apache and Tomcat) and server-to-server communication protocols (SOAP, REST, HTTP)
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 24 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!