Discovery Software Engineer
Are you a creative, experienced, detail-oriented and responsible full-stack engineer? Are you a quick learner and passionate about new technologies? Do you want to be a part of a new team that will be involved in leading the innovation by taking bold decisions in expanding the existing, mature, product pallette? Do you want to work in a company that is small enough to make you matter, but big enough to not only have a very recognisable impact, but also have a solid infrastructure? If your answers have mostly been “Yes”, you’re a good match already, but please read on.
Textkernel has become the staple name in semantic recruitment technology, with our CV parsing, Semantic Search and Match, and job aggregation solutions; as well as a strong focus on R&D. After the recent acquisition by CareerBuilder, and a major increase in R&D budget, we’re now in position to pursue many of the great ideas that improve existing products, build on top of them or supplement them.
- Bold, getting-things-done attitude; adaptability and ability to learn on the go
- Being comfortable in delivery-focused, agile environment
- Global mindset and a desire to work in a diverse, multicultural team
- Healthy attitude towards collaboration and code reviews
- Great communication skills and experience in communication with non-technical people (sales, customers, etc.) and translating their input into technical documentation
- Commitment to quality
- Knack for UX
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Strong programming fundamentals, including algorithmic, testing, and debugging skills
- Experience in building Single Page Applications
- API design experience (REST/SOAP)
- Comfort with databases (relational, NoSQL, graph)
- Familiarity with GIT
- Talent in writing human-readable and well-documented code
- Experience with more than one full product lifecycle
- Experience in mobile development
- Passion for open-source
- Good track record in hackathons or other coding competitions
- Experience with Node.js, React, Flux, Docker
What we offer:
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 24 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!