We are looking for a data scientist with strong skills in software engineering and affinity with Information Retrieval and Machine Learning to join our Search R&D team and help provide our customers with the best possible experience of our Search! product, a semantic search engine that matches people with jobs.
Do you have up-to-date knowledge and experience with the process of collecting data, creating predictive / probability models, identifying problems and presenting your results? Do you have a solid statistical foundation, and do you possess good programming skills in scripting languages as well as in object-oriented languages? Finally, are you interested in applying these skills to solve real-world semantic search problems?
If your answers have been “Yes” – we are looking forward to your application! Don’t hesitate to read on for the exact job details, qualifications and benefits.
Products you’ll be working on
You’ll be working on the Search R&D team, focused on improving our Search! product, a semantic search system that supports searching over internally indexed as well as external sources in multiple languages using a complex internal data model and custom query language.
It is developed using Java and backed by technologies such as Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL / MySQL and Apache Cassandra.
Your focus will be on influencing the direction of development by problem detection, trend detection and forecasting, and discovering general usage patterns. This involves extracting and transforming information currently hidden in usage logs, applying techniques like sequential modeling, unsupervised clustering and statistical tests on it, making reports or visualizations, and presenting and discussing your ideas and results. You will also work on tools and frameworks to collect the necessary information and aid in setting up an efficient in-house framework. Ideally you will also contribute improvements to the Java codebase of the product.
Who you are
- A Master degree in Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science or Information Science. If not, you’re able to demonstrate extensive (course)work experience related to Data Mining, Information Retrieval or Machine Learning.
- Experienced with scripting languages (e.g. Python / R / Octave), as well as an object-oriented language (e.g. Java / Scala / C++).
- An interest in and hands-on mentality regarding applications like search engines, databases and streaming platforms.
- Solid foundation in statistics (statistical tests, probability models and smoothing, bayesian inference).
- Familiarity with classical machine learning algorithms for regression (e.g. Ridge, Lasso, logistic), unsupervised clustering (e.g. k-means) and dimensionality reduction techniques (e.g. PCA).
- Preferably: experience with data visualization / reporting tools (e.g. Grafana, D3.js)
What we offer
- A fast growing, driven and motivated team with over 25 nationalities
- Opportunity to have a big impact on our market-leading products and processes
- Strong focus on personal development: meetups, courses, scientific conferences
- Flexible working hours
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Monthly chair massages & Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week-long hackathon: innovation week
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we have the right opportunity for you!