Big data software engineer
We are looking for an engineer experienced in designing and implementing large-scale, high-performance processing and storage systems. If you think you can help us bring resilience and scalability of our products to a new level, read further!
Product you’ll be working on
Jobfeed is our labour market analytics tool that provides HR professionals and researchers with accurate, complete and up-to-date information on the online labour market throughout the world. We continuously collect and analyse millions of job postings from hundreds of thousands of websites, turning raw data into essential information and bringing it at our customers’ fingertips.
Our technology stack: Python, PHP, ReactJS, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Docker, Git.
- Design and implement complex data processing pipelines, with a focus on fault tolerance, scalability and maintainability
- Write elegant, efficient and robust code, and review code written by colleagues
- Find, analyse and eliminate processing bottlenecks and weak links
- Explore, evaluate and adopt new tools and technologies to improve Jobfeed and our other products
Who you are
- MSc in Computer Science or equivalent
- Hands on experience with Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, Kafka, AMQP
- You have worked with SQL and NoSQL at scale
- Solid software development experience, preferably on Linux
- You can code in Python and at least one of the following languages: Java, C/C++, C#, Scala, Go
- Attention to detail and an eye for corner cases
- You are passionate about technology, good at explaining your choices and convincing people.
What we offer
- A fast growing, motivated, international team from over 24 nationalities
- Good equipment
- Free lunches, snacks and drinks – whatever you fancy, our kitchen has it all!
- Friday demos with chilled drinks
- Monthly chair massages
- Easy access with public transportation and free onsite parking
- Yearly week long hackathon, meetups, trainings, scientific conferences
- Influence on our products
We are a fast growing company developing cutting edge technologies based on NLP, AI, semantics and machine learning in a no-nonsense, informal and professional working environment. Innovation is at the heart of what we do. We pride ourselves on providing recruitment and HR professionals around the world with solutions that radically improve and accelerate the connection between employers and candidates.
We are small enough to make you matter, but big enough to have a very recognisable impact on the market supported by solid infrastructure.
If you are like us, passionate about intelligent machines, advanced computing and R&D, we might have the right opportunity for you!